Question
Posted by: Dineo | 2008-11-19

Abusive Relationship

I am sick and tired of hearing woman complaining about the bf’ s or husband’ s but they are still in the so called abusive relationships. Wife!!!!Girlfriend!!!!!!!!why are you still in the relationship.
Why are you scared to walk away?
Why are you scared to leave without him?
Why can’ t you show the bustard that you can without him?
Why are you always making excuses for this man?
Don’ t you think you deserve better?
Do you think you are a woman enough if you are still in the abusive relationship?
Do you think you are better than a single woman if you are still in this stupid relationship?
What are you saying to your children if you are still in this abusive relationship?

Wake up girlfriend
Wake up wife

Actually, this continues to be a great mystery, though many people have different theories to explain it. It is probably fair to avoid supporting the abuse byh enabling the person to just recover enough to return to the abuser and let it atart over again

4
Posted by: Me | 2008-11-20

Way to go Dineo, yes you are right I for 1 am in the same situation, my family tried telling me for years and I had the same excuse' s first I don' t earn enough to make it out there on my own, then it was I get so much, he made me resign my job, now the excuse was that I was unemployed no where to go, he has affairs when they are over it' s honeymoon period, then I am treated like a queen, gifts,money, furniture, car the works.But thank god I recently found a job and my blinkers have finally come off recently I found a pic of a 13yr old on his cell, that made me ice cold, I have made arrangements to leave this loser, moving out in December.Anyone know the law on my taking all my stuff that was bought for me as gifts?.can I?

Reply to Me
Posted by: sorry | 2008-11-19

you know once you are in that situation its not that easy to leave its like if you have a problem its easy for me to come up with a solution but once i' m in the same situation its not easy for me to find a solution. so Dineo pls don' t judge who ever is in that situation give them support and never tell them to leave him cause the more you say it the more u r pushing them to that fool. Just give them support and they should know that they can relly on u, once they dicide to leave they will, cause everything comes to an end as some point..

Reply to sorry
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-19

I tend to agree with Dineo.
Sometimes it is more complicating that just packing up and leaving, sometimes for financial reasons one cant just leave, how are you going to feed your kids?? Not everyone has a family or support system like others.
But if they DO have the resources, it' s their own fault for staying. A very close friend of mine use to get beaten up by her husband once a week. Then she' d take a bag with a couple of items, and stay with me for a while. Three days later, she' s back with the loser.
The fourth time she stayed with me, I told her that if she goes back to him, she should write me OFF, because I can' t go through this with her again. She is broken and shattered physically and emotionally for the three days, I carry her through it, talk with her, support her, for her to just go back to the fool.
She tried calling me a couple of times, but probably cought on when I rejected the call on my cellphone.
I' m finished with her.

Posted by: lerato | 2008-11-19

you sound very angry - why?

Reply to lerato