Question
Posted by: Very Curious | 2011/02/03

Abusive men

Why are women attracted to abusive men? And why cant we leave them, even if we are smart, independant and dont need him financially?

Thanks doc

This is still a deep mystery. Often the woman has a really low self-esteem, and allows her abuser to convince her to blame herself. You CAN leave them, and fortunately many smart women have done so. Especially if you are independent enough not to need anything from them. Consider it a form of addiction or dependency, and seek proper CBT style treatment to break this very bad habit

8
Posted by: mplerim[TSDE] | 2011/02/21

Reply to mplerim[TSDE]
Posted by: zaza | 2011/02/19

Women tend to fear to leave Abusive men cause they will be threatend about their lives and those abusive men make them think as if they are best that they can have so that they dont think about leaving them and make as if its a normal life to be under abusive relationship.

Reply to zaza
Posted by: Lexi
| 2011/02/18

Reply to Lexi<br>
Posted by: abarby | 2011/02/15

Reply to abarby
Posted by: Kosie | 2011/02/11

Women are attracted to men who are like their fathers, if I recall Freud correctly. CS might want to help with this one.

Reply to Kosie
Posted by: dharma | 2011/02/04

I have just come out of an emotional abusive relationship, which lasted only 4 months and I lost about 6 Kg in weight, eventually I saw the light and left, but I still think of him, and even though I know he is not good for me, or any other ladies out there, why cant I get him out of my mind? what can I do? please help

Reply to dharma
Posted by: XXX | 2011/02/04

An age old question but somehow it appears that the women generally put up with because of the fear of moving on ie dating again,the children involved etc.
There is no ways a woman should put with this and hopefully if you are in this situation,you go to a marriage counsellor and in need,dump him.

Reply to XXX