Question
Posted by: lolo | 2009-12-21

Abusive Ex

hi

i need your advice, i broke up with my ex after serious abuse and now after two years want to see us, i met someone and we are engaged and happy.(want to have a child anytime)

should i allow my ex to see his child? ever since we broke up he never paid any maintanace for the child even just to buy cheap clothing for her but now that is December he remember us.

i don'  t know what to do, part of me say i must ask my child if she will be interested in seing him another part say forget about him as he does not care.

but my fiance also has a child (boy 6) and he visit every December, so you know how children can be when they are together, yesterday they were just having a little argument the other said he is not really your father and mine (girl 4) said she is not really your mother.

i really don'  t want to see my ex but at the same time i don'  t want to punish my child sometime she feel otherwise especially when my step son tell her he is not her real father(step father). Should i meeti him or not???

It doesn't sound as though there are any good easons to encourage him to see his child now, after years of neglect, and one wonders what his motives are. I wonder if he might be more interested in disturbing your new relationship ?
Though a connection seems obvious, I understand that in law maintenance and visitation rights are not connected. You could potentially go to court and ask him to be required to pay maintenance, I don't know about back maintenance -
But a court if asked to decide on whether he should be allowed to visit the child should look at what would be in the best interests of the child. TO allow him to visit after all this time, and then maybe not again, would do her no good at all.

2
Posted by: Lolo | 2009-12-21

Thnx CS,

i tried with maintanance office and i also applied for garnishee but since he M Office is taking so long i also gave up, i belive go will always provide for both of us regardless.

What do you mean when you say " to allow him to visit after all this time, and then maybe not again, would do her no good at all." 

Reply to Lolo