Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2012/05/29

abuse

my ex recently found out that his nephew was abused by a friend of the family. He now wants to confront this guy and get him to admit what he did and then punch the living day lights out of him. He then wants this guy to go to jail. What would be the right approach here?

The guy is highly unlikely to admit whatever actually happened, and any atempt to force him to do so would lead to inevitable and unnecessary, avoidable, problems for your ex more than for the alleged perp. What's the point of your ex going to jail rather than the perp ? He needs to approach and push the police and Child Welfare authorities to investigate and take action, as they are entitled to do and expected to do.
I;m assuming here that the nephew is a child, under-age ; otherwise the nephew could himself go to the police and lay criminal charges against his abuser.

3

Posted by: Margi | 2012/05/30

The right way would be to lay a charge against him. Your ex should not harm this person in any way as much as he would like to (I think any normal person, me included, would love to beat a child abuser) - he would be causing unnecessary problems for himself. Child abusers/molesters belong in prison, but they must follow the correct procedure. (I assume it''s sexual abuse??) All children MUST be protected against these monsters who prey on them and by laying a charge against him and the abuser being investigated for child molestation, who knows, it could prevent another child from becoming a victim of abuse.

Reply to Margi
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/05/29

What type of abuse e.g. emotional, physical or sexual?

Reply to Tanya