Question
Posted by: Carol | 2008/06/28

Absolutly Horrifed

Another tale of "part" of our grand culture.

And I dont want this to go into a race war please.

I was at Everfresh yesterday buying some meat ... next to me stands this huge "tannie" buying everything she can see , her ghastly toddlers we running amok , and her husband was using disgusting language on top of his voice .

Anyhow .. she asks the butcher in broken english " I want some cheap meat ..... for the ousies " you know the "maid"....

Im middleaged and white , how does one still have that attidude ..... the poor butcher looked quite stunned .....

its disgusting :(

sigh

4
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2008/06/30

Our maid told me this story a few years back about when my mom was looking for a maid (this was 35 yrs ago). She called Dina from the street and asked her if she wants a job. Dina obviously said yes. My mom told her to sit in our lounge and my mom made her a cup of tea out of one of our cups. Dina was amazed because that was the days of apartheid where blacks only drank out of tin cups. Dina went home to tell her mom and sister all about how decently she was treated. I have never understood how whites think they are superior. To me there are good and bad in every race. Thank heavens for my mom.

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)
Posted by: Carol | 2008/06/29

Thats it of couse the "cheap" meat ... and the reference to the "maid" a word I simply abhor .....

Its like calling ones gardener a "boy" or the domestic helper a "girl" ....

Whatever happened to manners ???? these people had no manners whatsoever .... revolting toddlers , bad langauge .....icky .....

Reply to Carol
Posted by: forpeace | 2008/06/28

Hi All

This is quite sad yes, we are supposed to put the past behind us and move on towards building a better nation for all.

I am a 20 year old young man and white myself, and I do not approve of white people acting in a racist manner towards non-whites, and it is also wrong the other way around. It is wrong. End of story. There are cultural differences yes, good, nothing wrong with that, but we will only get to understand those differences in one another better and learn to adapt to them if we change our attitudes regarding skin color.

What of course gave so much emphasis to this is the fact that the "tannie" said "CHEAP" meat. That is really very ugly of her, and she sees others below herself. No good.

Anyhow, heres to hoping for a prosperous South Africa in future where everyone lives in harmony with one another

ForPeace

Reply to forpeace
Posted by: sadi | 2008/06/28

Was listening to a program on a radio station about how the NZ are horified by the Afrikaans speaking South Africans staying in NZ. The NZ exclude them now from all their social gatherings, because they have never heard people swear and drink so much!!!!!

Reply to sadi