Question
Posted by: AVA | 2011/09/06

Absent period

Hello Doc,
My period is two months late now and during this time I''ve been getting cramps in my sides simliar to period pains but nothing is happening. Not on contraception and not pregnant. What could be the problem? I''ve got an appointment to see my urologist as I''ve had kidney stones removed last year but I''m wondering if I should rather see a gynae. This really worries me that I''d have fertility problems in the future. Normally my period sways from one or two weeks late or earlier but never this late.

It may be that you are not ovulating regularly and should see a gynaecologist. A cyst is also a possibility.

1