Question
Posted by: Ursie | 2010/08/17

Absence of periods

My last period were on 3 June 2010. Im not on any contraceptives. My gynae wants me to go for a blood pregnancy test although I have tested myself for 6 times already including this morning which came back negative. I dont wanna go for the blood test cause that will only be a waste of money. Hubby and I are trying for 5 years already with no success. Were on clomid 200mg already for 6 months. What should i do? Can somebody suggest another gynae. I live in Strand Western Cape.

Dear Ursie

As you have been trying to achieve a pregnancy for 5 years and have been on Clomid for 6 months then I suggest that it is very import for you to be investigated further as to the cause of your infertility. It would be very important for your husband to have a sperm test done, for you to either have a laparoscopy or HSG to assess if the fallopian tubes are patent or not and you would need to have blood tests done to assess if there are any hormonal imbalances that are present or if you are ovulating or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/23

Dear Ursie

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert