Question
Posted by: Latoya | 2008/10/27

Abscess Recurrence

the first one occurred under my left armpit, then immediately saw my G.P ,whom gave me antibiotics and drained it himself.Then after a month(August),the worst happen, I got reinfected on my private_ part and again my G.P just gave me antibiotics.

And now the third time round, i have been infected in both of my armpits and but this time round,they are not as painful and smaller in size, but still they are visible. i dont know what to do now,please advise me further.

P.S i am HIV negative ,non diabetic and have stopped using roll-on deodrant since the first instance.

please help me on this matter as its urgent.

regards
Latoya

Hallo Latoya
These things are usually caused by Staph aureus bacteria. They live on our skin normally but sometimes develop overgrowth and cause skin infections and abcesses. Try bathing with antiseptic soap like Hibiscrub, put Bactroban ointment on the infected areas and in your nose (Staph aureus grow in moist warm places) If possible cover infected areas over with a bandaid as touching it may spread the infection. You could ask your doctor to give you a low dose antibiotic for a week or two to reduce the bacterial load.