Question
Posted by: Lucinda | 2012-07-02

abscess

I had an abscess that was drained on June 29,2012. I''ve been on antibiotics ever since. i have now developed a blue discoloration around the wound and the area around it is still hard. Is this normal and how long does it take before it heals.

Lucinda

Yes, it is normal. The discoloration is due to the process of inflammation of the skin. The discoloration should disappear within a period of two to three weeks.

1
Posted by: Lucinda | 2012-07-04

Thank you very much. The hardness around the incision, how long does that last and how long does it normally take to heal.

Reply to Lucinda