Question
Posted by: N. Munro | 2010/06/17

Abscess

I had a big abscess under my arm about 2-3 weeks ago, I went to the doctor at work, and he gave me antibiotics, which took the abscess away, But now it''s back and it''s killing me, should I be worried?

Hallo N
If the abcess was caused by a blocked sebaceous gland, it may be necessary to remove the gland to prevent re-infections. One can not remove it while infected as local anaesthetic will not work in an infected area, so you may need to treat it again until infection is reduced before you can have it removed. Your GP can refer you to a surgeon if needed
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/17

Hallo N
dr Bets