Question
Posted by: Bee | 2009/10/20

Abscess

Hi Dr, I have an abscess for 6 days &  I' m taking an antibiotic (betamox) &  using traxa to draw it out. However it isn' t getting better or any worse &  my course of antibiotics ends tomorrow. I had one lanced on my leg which was awful is there anyway I can avoid that. This one is on my labia.
Thank you for helping &  for a great service.

Hallo Bee
Once an abcess is past a certain point the only remedy is lancing it, especially if there is a lot of pus inside. The doctor should spray an anaesthetic on the area before lancing it. Let your doctor rather have a look to see what the next step should be.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/20

Hallo Bee

Reply to cyberdoc