Question
Posted by: arvind | 2012-06-19

about thrush

Hi Doctor, My problem is vaginal thrush.I had thrush around last year in 2011 in July...i went to my GP and she gave pessary to use.i used pessary but thrush was there.Then again when i went to them, they did my blood test and swap or swop something.Reports were OK.There was nothing wrong.But they couldn''t treat this problem.One of my friend referred me to Gum clinic and when i went there, they did ma tests again and reports were negative except thrush. HIV and all were negative. But whatever the medicine they gave me, when i eat it and use pessary it gets well. but again after periods it starts again. i am not having that bad smell discharge now but i get itching very badly into ma vagina n when i try to touch it or put something, it gets worst.
I am not able to find any solution for this. Can you just help me to know what it is and why its happening? I mean is it something serious or HIV or a normal problem? Its been a year now...but i can''t find any solution.
I will be waiting for your reply.

Arvind

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of treating recurrent thrush. It does tend to recur without special precautions.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-06-22