Question
Posted by: Vipul Mavani | 2011/09/22

About protein powder.

Hello doc.
I m 26 yrs old (male) and working out in gym regularly for fitness. My height is 5.7 fts.
When i started gym my weight is 88 kgs and today my weight is 82 kgs. Now i want to lose weight and want to lean muscles (not heavy muscles). Gym instructor suggests me to take protein powder after work out in the morning. So i started the NUTRILIE PROTEIN POWDER (soy protein isoflavones) and as i survey much about it (on internet) i found that soy protein on long time effects the estrogen in man.
Plz inform me about it that i should take NUTRILITE PROTEIN POWDER OR GOLD STANDARD WHEY PROTEIN.
Plz clear my confusion.

Thank you.

Dear Vipul
Your present BMI = 28,4, so it would be good to reduce your body fat and increase your lean muscle tissue. There is an indication that excessive use of soy products can cause an increase in oestrogen levels, so I would recommend that you rather use the whey protein product. Keep in mind that if you want to develop lean muscle tissue then you need to do cardio exercises and not workouts with heavy weights. Discuss this with your gym instructor. It also takes time to reduce body fat% and increase lean muscles, so give your body a chance and don't expect instant results.

2
Posted by: Vipul Mavani | 2011/09/23

thank u very much doc. U really solve my confusion.
thank u very much.

Reply to Vipul Mavani

Dear Vipul