Posted by: gemma | 2009-07-01

i have been on a rollercoaster ride where i do self assesments on my life as a child till now, i seen a psychologist and coping.i do this thing of writing my thoughts down sometimes i can even go into panic attacks when realising the reality of my problems and only now coming to a conclusion to answers that i havent known for over 20yrs. You see i dont how to deal with the new me because for instance the reasons for being childish was because of a death in the family yrs back and now i discover that i am no more that child anymore i am a grown up and things like that, where to start to being a adult. i feel lost with all this changes taking place in i need to rediscover who i really am the thoughts is bombarding me. i dont know how to do this, do u understand

Sounds like you need to practicality of a Cognitive-Behaviour Therapist ( CBT ) rather than the whifflings opf a more analytically oriented chatter You have no need to be a child, and finding simplistic 'reasons" in the past isn't useful. Actually, whatever happened in the past is of little importance --- what IS important is the bundle of assumptions, false conclusions, and habits of thoughts you formed then and later, which you carry with you, which need to be examined, revised, and , where appropriate, discarded. You find out more about being whoever you are by BEING than by sitting around thinking about it. Don't let thought become a substitute for fruitful action