Question
Posted by: desperate | 2012/02/29

Abortion Chat Forum

Can you tell me why there is no Abortion peer forum on this website? I am sure there are lots of people like myself who need to talk about the trauma of having an abortion but there is no facility on Health24.com

Please look into this - it could help a lot of people

I think, as Purple says, the concern would be that it would be a magnet to people with fierce and even vicious ideas about abortion, who would abuse the forum as an opportunity to harrass and abuse people who were considering abortion or who had experienced it. I agree that you have identified a group of people who would benefit from peer support, but how could one keep out the people who are not peers, and wish to provide the very opposite of support ?
Best to seek individual counselling, and maybe if some organization which provides aboprtion advice were approached, it could set up peer-to-peer support groups, online or in real life

20
Posted by: To Mary | 2012/03/02

What coems around goes around. be VERY carefull of judging when yu do not have the facts

Reply to To Mary
Posted by: Curiousity | 2012/03/02

@ Mary, Sarah pretty much hit the nail on the head. You don''t have to agree or accept the choice desperate made to show some compassion for what she is going through now.

People are calling you sick because your very first response to desperate was that she should enjoy every second of her suffering, that is a unbelievably hateful thing to say. You later make it very clear that you are religious and I would like to know what religious group actaully encourages their followers to spew such hatred towards ANY (no matter their transgression) human being? I just mean really, can you tell me why you think it''s an appropriate response?

My grandmother is a very religious woman, she does not agree with abortion at all but faced with this situation she would just feel saddened and she would simply have prayed for everyone involved. No anger and no hatred whatsover.

Reply to Curiousity
Posted by: Cassie | 2012/03/02

IT WAS STILL HER CHOICE TO DO IT - STOP BEING SO DARN JUDGMENTAL! YOUR HOLIER-THAN-THOU ATTITUDE SUCKS! HER BODY, HER CHOICE! Seeing that you are so against abortion, a question for you and others who judge people so readily and easily : if say, you were gang-raped, would you keep the child or would you get rid of the reminder of your ordeal??? Please get a life and stop pointing fingers at others ... you don''t know her situation, so stop harping and rather find ways to help people who need it Mary - if that''s even your real name! And no, I have not had an abortion, but don''t condemn those who have!

Reply to Cassie
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/01

Why do everyone regard this woman as the victim????she made the conscious decision to have an aborrtion. The real victim was burned as medical waste.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Romany | 2012/03/01

Mary... you cannot judge another person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes......
May you NEVER be in the (or a similar) position as " desperate" .

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Angel | 2012/03/01

@ Mary - don''t be so judgmental - u have no right to take others to task for their choices in life. Her choice - she has to live with it! There is no place for self-righteous people like you in this world - we ALL make mistakes and have to pay dearly for our mistakes. Only God can judge and I hope you don''t call yourself a Christian. If you were, you would rather support her, not make her feel worse than she already does. Christians don''t point fingers at others .... just saying!!

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Lola | 2012/03/01

A baby is a gift from God. After 8 years of trying to conceive, i finally had my baby. And sadly he passed away from heart failure last year.

But you made your choice out of desperation. i understand. But understand as well why others react so badly to abortion. They just cannot accept the murder of a child.

I f you know God has forgiven you, why haven''t you forgiven yourself? Let go of it now. Remind yourself of what the consequences would have been of having this baby.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Kwame | 2012/03/01

Mary = IDIOT ...

Reply to Kwame
Posted by: Zimbabwe | 2012/03/01

Mary Mary Mary Mary i just hope you are not female

Reply to Zimbabwe
Posted by: sarah | 2012/03/01

Mary, I get what you''re saying - but dont you think a little bit of human compassion for this poor woman who obviously regrets what she''s done would be more helpful than knocking her when she is down. To tell someone to enjoy their pain and suffering is sick. Would you like it if you were suffering emotional pain from a bad choice you regretted and someone told you to " enjoy it"  ?? Just putting it out there....

Reply to sarah
Posted by: Desperate | 2012/03/01

Yes Mary - I know God has forgiven me and I live with it everyday so that is punishment in itself and I really did not need you judging me and telling me to enjoy every minute of my pain. And you dont understand the circumstances i was in, I was young and naive and trusted someone I should not have.. i have lived with this for 13 years and it has haunted me so please just consider what circumstances someone may have been in at the time - I was a complete mess and handled it all badly. Your comments were very hurtful and that is why I got so angry with you because you cannot possibly understand what I go through everyday.. I am glad you do not understand because you would have had such incredible pain. yes, a baby is a gift from God and it was never a choice I would have made but I do accept responsibility for my actions. I just ask you to think before casting judgement as you do not know how or what happened - you were not there.

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/01

Not sure why I am being labelled as ''sick''? What did I do or say so wrong, except for the obvious truth?
To me personally, sick is someone that consciously, brutally removing an innocent baby that was entrusted to you by God himself and then disposing of it, like it was such inconvenience and then making yourself feel better by saying ‘ it was such a mistake and that God has forgiven me”  You may be sure that God has forgiven you, but know that you will be held responsible for what you have done.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: not judgemental | 2012/03/01

Agreed with Disgusted. Mary.. you''re just a sick person deliberatlely trying to hurt someone who is already hurting. Desperate - hang in there, you are not alone there are thousands of others who know just how you feel. I have nt been in your situation but I am a devout christian and leave judgement up to God - its not my place and if you have repented then He has forgiven you and comments from the ignorant and sick should not matter. sending you love and light.

Reply to not judgemental
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/01

Whaever makes you feel better!

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Disgusted | 2012/03/01

Mary - its people like you who Cyberdoc is referring to. If you have nothing to offer that can help someone in their time of need then shut the hell up.

Reply to Disgusted
Posted by: Desperate | 2012/03/01

Mary, I pity you.
At least God knows I have repented and he has forgiven me. At least I am honest about who I am and what i''ve done... so good luck in your perfect life. Whatever doll - God sees you, you cannot be a " perfect"  christian or whatever, otherwise you would not deliberately go through this website that is supposed to offer help just so you could judge and post nasty hurtful comments. May God forgive you in your ignorance

Reply to Desperate
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/01

Feel free to insult me as much as you want. I make mistakes everyday, but hey at least I have never killed my OWN baby.
I just dont understand why The Lord gives babies to those who do not deserve it, while people who would makes such great parents, are not able to have children.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: desperate | 2012/03/01

TO MARY

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DO NOT JUDGE UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN IN SOMEONE''S SITUATION. CAN YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A TOUGH SITUATION AND MADE A MISTAKE AND REGRETTED IT? WELL LUCKY YOU - YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A PERFECT LIFE AND ARE SO PERFECT YOURSELF THAT YOU NEVER HAVE TO ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENES.
YOU THINK YOU''RE SO PERFECT YOU MALICIOUS BITCH - BUT GOD SEES YOU JUDGING OTHERS WHILST YOU STILL HAVE A LOG IN YOUR OWN EYE!

GO STRAIGHT TO HELL YOU STUPID IGNORANT COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to desperate
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/01

You should have thought of the " trauma"  before you decided an innocent little baby. Enjoy every second of it.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Purple | 2012/03/01

Would such a forum not just get completely overrun with postings and nastiness from anti abortion lobbyists?

Perhaps a better place to seek support is by seeing a counsellor or psychologist and seeing if there is a support group you could join where comments and nastiness won''t get thrown your way.

Reply to Purple