Question
Posted by: Smah | 2011/03/14

Abortion

Is t still safe for me to have an abortion? Im 5months going to 6.

Unless your baby has a serious abnormality or your life is at risk, this is too late for an abortion.

3

Posted by: Sammy | 2011/03/14

Dear Smah

With me answering your question, I am not condemning your choice or supporting it. All I will say is that you need to make 100% sure that this is what you really want to do as this is very late in your pregnancy to consider an abortion. If you have waited until this far, then surely there was a time when you considered keeping your baby. So ask yourself why you want to abort the baby now?

As far as I know, you can still abort up to 6 months. Not all clinics will allow this but you can phone around and you should find one. Make sure that the one you use (should you go through with it), is not an illegal clinic. Otherwise you might get damaged during the procedure and not be able to bare children again. Perhaps you should consider rather keeping your baby, and giving her or him up for adoption? That allows you to still explore the possibility of perhaps wanting your baby or if not, giving a gift to a couple that are unable to having children.

I hope that you make the right decision for both you, your baby, and the father of your child.

Keep well

xxx

Reply to Sammy