Question
Posted by: Not healing | 2010/12/07

Abortion

I decided to have an Abortion in varsity....I regret it. Some days are worse than others.

As Liza says, all of us make mistakes. The wiser amongst us regret these mistakes, learn from them, and do not repeat them.
It would be worthwhile for you to see an experienced counsellor or therapist to work through your remaining regretsd, learn to forgive yourself, and move on with a slightly sadder but definitely wiser life

5
Posted by: Heather | 2010/12/08

Hi Not Healing, I know how you feel- really I do. I don''t feel guilt though because I know that child would have suffered financially and emotionally because I wasn''t, and still am not, ready. You know the reasons why you did it and you have to remember that. Don''t think about ''if'' and ''maybe'' because everything happens for a reason.

Reply to Heather
Posted by: Not healing | 2010/12/07

Thanks for all your comments and words of encouragement. On a good day I know and understand all of that. But on days like this the what ifs start overwhelming me, and I get filled with tears, regret and missing the unknown. This has been my little secret. I cant imagine sharing it face to face with someone else, besides my then boyfriend. Its time I consider
counselling. Thanks again

Reply to Not healing
Posted by: Bboy | 2010/12/07

We all will have to make mistake everyone''s is different, just remember that you need to for yourself first repent and then move on with your life, we as human are fasinated with the unknown and that is what is eating you up inside the What Ifs.. like the doc said progress has been madeby admitting now let the proffesionals do the rest.

I pray for you

Reply to Bboy
Posted by: Liza | 2010/12/07

We''ve all made mistakes and done things we''re not proud of. What you need to ask yourself is - did you learn something out of the experience? If you can learn from your mistakes and change your future behaviour, then you''re a better person. Why should you continue feeling guilt if the event has changed you for the better?

Perhaps you should see a therapist and work through the regrets and guilt. You need to learn to accept yourself for who you are - warts and all.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza