Question
Posted by: Concilia | 2010-06-28

Abortion

Do GP''s perfom abortions

Some do.

9
Posted by: Sad | 2010-07-08

Try Marie Stopes

Reply to Sad
Posted by: Girly Girl | 2010-07-01

Mel,
I had a friend who went for an abortion and also did not have the money to have surgery performed.
She went to the clinic and had the abortion pill. As far as know, it cost her R500 for everything.
I do not know of any doctors in the Cape Town area, as I am from Durban. I am sure if you go to your nearst clinic, and ask for the abortion pill, they will be able to assist you.
Good luck!

Reply to Girly Girl
Posted by: mel | 2010-07-01

Could you please give the names and contact details of these doctors?I am in the cape town area

Reply to mel
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-30

Some do.

Posted by: mel | 2010-06-29

please dont judge me but I am in no position to have a baby right now.I just want information on how to go about aborting my baby.

Reply to mel
Posted by: P | 2010-06-29

Mel. Have you considered adoption at all?

Reply to P
Posted by: mel | 2010-06-29

I would like to know more about this pill you can take yourself as I am in the same boat. I cannot afford an abortion.Please any info will be appreciated

Reply to mel
Posted by: Anon | 2010-06-28

It depends on who they are and what their practices are. Some gynaes/GP''s don''t agree with abortion and are therefore not very helpful.

Nowadays you can do it yourself with tablets - depending on how far you are (up to 3 or 4 months I think) you can take meds orally+vaginally at a cost of R40 with a Doc''s script - more than likely your gynae, not your GP will be aware of this.
It is called cyto...something - I can''t remember.

Alternatively, your next best bet is the Marie Stopes Clinic - they will be your cheapest option, unless your GP/gynae will perform same in the hospital, which is not covered by medical aid btw.

If you are able to get the tablets/other alternative, know that it is traumatising...

Best of luck!

Posted by: Concilia | 2010-06-28

do general practicioners or gynocologists perfom abortions

Reply to Concilia