Question
Posted by: babi | 2009-02-17

abortion

had two abortions over the last 5 years..been having feelings of anxiety and worry and i would like to know if this automatically reduces my chances of fertility.? How can i check my fertility ?

Dear Babi

Having had any amount of abortions would always invoke feelings of anxiety, guilt and worry. It is quiet normal to feel these types of feelings. If the abortion have been taken place in a centre that specialised in it or done by a specialist, then it is unlikely that they would reduce your chance of fertility. One can check your chances of fertility by assessing your hormonal status and in addition the genital tract by a Laparoscopy or Hysteroscopy.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

11
Posted by: Sienna | 2009-02-24

Don' t judge her. We don' t know her circumstances. However, I would also say that if it happened the first time, why not keep those legs closed or use damn contraceptives. You can even get them free from a clinic.

I have been trying for 4 yrs. I was once engaged to a very abusive man. He almost killed me. He tried to stab mein the head with a screw driver and when he tried to shoot me, I came to my senses and left him. I then found out I was pregnant. I panicked and was so afriad that my family would force me to marry him (and they would have made me do it as having a child out of wedlock would have ruined my parents'  reputation) that I had an abortion.But I did it two days after my period was overdue.

I live with this and I hurt so badly. I have asked God to forgive meso many times. I was young,confused and totally scared. My famly did not know about the physical abuse. I just couldn' t have this person in my life. It wasn' t just physical, but also verbal abuse. I would have killed myself.

But I closed my legs after that. I was young and had no one to turn to. I was afraid of my family and I was afriad of this monster. I did the only thing that I thought would help me at the time.

Reply to Sienna
Posted by: Angel | 2009-02-20

Thanx Nash!!

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Nash | 2009-02-20

Hey Angel and to you too!!! May we all get what our heart so dearly longs for!!!!!!!!!!
It is sad that we are the ones that have to suffer, the ones that really want this so bad… . And would never take this blessing for granted!

Good luck ladies may we all have a BFP!!!!!!

Reply to Nash
Posted by: Angel | 2009-02-20

Anon, you' re being too harsh. It is " IVF"  by the way. I have been in ttc game for about four years now and hearing of people aborting and killing babies is crushing. Sometimes I do not understand how God works but who are we to second-guess Him.

Nash and Rix I hope that we get our BFP' s soon.

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-19

What ever!!!!!! I hope you have to use ifv and also get dispapointed in the results!

Posted by: Nash | 2009-02-19

I agree with you 100% Rix!!! Anon that is way to harsh!! Go easy! But if you cant keep the baby then keep the legs closed!

Reply to Nash
Posted by: Rix | 2009-02-19

God DOES know best, but unless you have been down the infertility route - like I have, you will NEVER know how upsetting it is to read about someone aborting their baby.
If you don' t want to have a baby or cannot accept the responsibility of having a baby, keep your LEGS CLOSED.

Reply to Rix
Posted by: Angel | 2009-02-19

Do not judge her. Everything happens for a reason and God knows best. Do not look at the splinter in your brother' s eye and ignore the log in yours. I am sure she feels guilty enough without you adding to it.

Babi, good for posting this to the Fertilitydoc, he will be best equipped to answer you.

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-19

You disgust me!!!! God is so cruel... he gives woman like you the most precious gift and you kill them!!!! Then he makes woman like me suffer to fall pregnant!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea of the implications your past action have made on so many woman trying to conceive!!!!!! He should rather give us the joy and hope we are looking for …  rather the people who kill there babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Nikki | 2009-02-18

If you pay a fortune for IVF you could have a baby with this man.
But there is no way that you can have a baby naturally.

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: babi | 2009-02-17

I found out some days ago that my boyfriend had a vasectomy ,until this time i never really knew the implications and after reading about it,i feel very angry...Does having a vasectomy mean i cant have kids with this man.?

Reply to babi