Posted by: Andy | 2009-01-20

My girlfriend is pregnant by 3 weeks and wants to get an abortion by pill can she get one from a pharmacist over the counter how much would it cost aprox please help!!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Please post your question to GynaeDoc here at Health24 and seek direct medical advice from a GP

Posted by: Monique | 2009-01-28

You won' t be able to get an over-the-counter solution. You have to go to a clinic. I had an abortion when I was 17 and I went to the Marie Stopes Clinic. It was expensive, but luckily my boyfriend and I were working. They were very kind and understanding. And it was safe. Your girlfriend will have to be there for most of the day so they can observe her. She must also not eat or drink while she' s there. The doc will come late in the afternoon and then after its done she can leave. I would recomment she accepts the sedative (costs more) because it is very painful.

Yes, it is frowned upon in society and, if you are religous, the Bible is also against it, but it is your choice. No one can tell you that God won' t forgive you because no one knows Him- he IS understanding and loving and only HE can judge you.

Reply to Monique
Posted by: moral | 2009-01-26

yeah so to cover up your " irresponsibility" , let' s just kill the baby and forget it ever happened.

take RESPONSIBILITY for your actions which caused a precious life to come into existence - if you don' t want the child have it adopted but don' t get blood on your hands as well...

good luck!

Reply to moral
Posted by: Debbie | 2009-01-22

Hi Andy,

My advice is to take your girlfriend to a doctor right away. There might be complications with the pregnancy, so the quickest/ cheapest route might not be the safest for her. If money is an issue, take her to a clinic.

Why didn' t you use contraception? Do realize how irresponsible you were?

Listen, it' s not my place to criticize you. I just hope that both of you have at least learned some kind of lesson here.

Reply to Debbie