Posted by: poppy | 2009-01-13

abnromal periods, please help!

i have a problem with my periods since year 2000. They are abnormal, heavy bleeding , I mean heavy with big and small clots, severe pains. I usually change every 2 hours, sometimes cannot even go to work because of heavy bleeding. I cant fall pregnant, have been trying since 2000 and its killing me. My first child is turning 13 this month.

I have been to five different gynaecologists.

1st one:- He suggested that I blow my tubes, I did that but nothing happened (2000)

2nd one :- He saw nothing wrong didnt put me on any treatment or something.

3rd one:- He put me on contraceptive pills(ovrals) for three months all was well during this period but after that everything went back to " normal" 

4th one:- He did all the necessary tests,he told me that there is absolutely nothing wrong, I just maybe need to lose some weight.

5th one:- He also did the tests and one of the tests came back saying one of my hormones that have something to do with the brain(prolactn or something) is very high so that is why my menses werent normal. He put me of dostinex. After three months he didi the test again the hormone had gone down and my menses were normal until the fourth month yet still continuining with the treatment. My periods now are back to being abnormal lots of pain and everything that I' ve mentioned earlier. Mind you Im still taking the dostinex which is so damn expensive it kills me.

Plase tell me what might be the problem??

The heavy periods may b e dysfunctional uterine bleeding. If your prolactin levels were high, this may be a cause for you not falling pregnant. However,a full work-up would be necessary, including checking for ovulation, Checking your tubes and your partner's sperm count. It is best to stick to one doctor , as often these problems need a step-wise approach. Stick with your last doctor.