Posted by: Leila | 2009-04-06

Abnormalities in Child- 19Wks Preganant

I went to this Gyaeno on Firday, and told me that Between the Neck and Spinal cord bone the is Black line and that line shows that the child might be abnormal and told me that I am late for the blood test to check that. I must go to the speciality who is only avaliable on the 06 May. What causes the abnoralities in the child and can it be prevented before the Birth. Is any specilliast that I can go beside this one in Morningside and Parktown in May. I can' t sleep since I recieved this news. Can I go to the other Gyaeno for the second opinion. pleaese help I am confused

You are too late for the special scan. I am not sure exactly what your doctor saw. It would be best to see a Fetal Medicine specialist if there is an abnormality. If there is a long wait, see if your doctor can find another specialist to refer you to. I don't think that seeing another general gynaecologist will help.

Posted by: JAYS | 2009-04-07

Hi Leila

I actually went for the blood test yesterday, and on the form it says you can do the test up to 20 weeks.
Just thought to let you know.

Reply to JAYS
Posted by: L. | 2009-04-06

Did you try the one in Morningside... Prof. E. Nicolaou?

Reply to L.