Posted by: Hannes | 2010-04-03

Abnormal Liver function

I have just complete an annual medical exam and the feedback was that have " elevated liver function"  and that I should cut back on alcohol. This is not the first time, for the last 2 years during every blood test I am told the same. This does not make any sense, I work on a remote site and when I am on site I don''t drink anything - 4-6 weeks at a time and when I am at home I will drink perhaps 4 beers (340ml) per week.
According to the medical report the following blood results were elevated, ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE, GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE AND PLATELETS.
I have been working in Malaria endemic areas for the last 9 years and have use anti malaria prophylaxis including Mefliam, Doxicecline and Malarone for this period.
Please advise what the possible cause can be

It is very possible that the anti-malaria medication is causing your elevated liver function. It will be best to consult an internal specialist to confirm the cause for your elevated liver function.

Posted by: satinder singh | 2010-04-05

i am suffering from uncontrolled liver functioning , there are loose motions from 2 years but i have to go only once in a day, now it started skin allergies on my body, its too dangerous, some expert say it is due to worms in liver , but medicines are not effecting , there is little pain in the upper abdomen. pls suggest me what can be the cause

Reply to satinder singh