Posted by: Sally-Anne | 2009-05-14

Abnormal Cells on cervix for past year

Hi- my gynae found abnormal cell on my cervix about a year ago. He suggested I have them lazer removed in hospital. I have not been able to get time off work all this time. Do you think it could have developed into cancer by now?? I also dont have medical aid so have been saving some money to pay for the bill if I go to a private hospital as I am not comfortable going to a general hospital. Also can I still get the vaccine for HPV or wont it work as I already have abnormal cells

HPV does progress to cancer and thus should be treated as soon as detected. The vaccine only works to stop you getting HPV, not when you already have it.

It could be cancer by now and cervical cancer can kill. Get your butt to a hospital and have it sorted out.

Your job cant save your life, so don' t put it before you life!