Question
Posted by: TLT | 2005/09/02

Q.

abnormal cells found - 3 years after hysterectomy

Hi all,
My sister had a hysterectomy 3 years ago due to repeated infections and abnormal cells found.
All has been well until yesterday when the gynae told her that more abnormal cells have been found. He spent 45 minutes with her, but could not see anything. He admits he is stumped - says he does not see cancer. Cant do laser treatment as he cannot see anything to laser.
He has put her on a very strong cream to kill whatever is up there and wants to see her again in six months.
Any advice anybody?? I think I am more worried than she is.

Expert's Reply

A.

It sounds like he has done the right thing. If in doubt, she could see a gynae oncologist.

Want to comment?