Question
Posted by: lisa | 2010-03-12

abnormal cells

hi doctor

last year end October i had cauterization done to my discharge cells (i also had a biopsy done which apparently was normal). ever since the cauterization i have had abnormal cells appear on my pap smear, which is twice, in the last 6 months. my gynae says this is normal after cauterization. is she telling me the truth, because i am really quite worried? she now asks me to come back every 6 months for a pap smear.
please tell me what you think?

thanks
lisa

It depends what the abnormality is. If it is inflammatory chnage rather than LSIL or HSIl, then it is okay.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-15