Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2011/10/11

Abnormal bleeding

I was bleeding for almost 2 years off and on after the birth of my child 3 years ago, I tried different contraceptives to stop the bleeding but was only temporary, I eventually decided to go off from family planning completely and my cycle became normal, I recently went back onto potogen and the bleeding started again. I am now completely off again but the blleding has not stopped, I was given biphasil and it stopped for 2 days and just started again, this has been going on for 3 months now, what could be the cause of this?

Most likely this is still related to the injection. It can take a while for things to normalise. You should also consider other causes such as polyps or problems with the cervix. If you have not had a gynae check and pap smear in the past year, you should do so.

1