Question
Posted by: Kea03 | 2009/10/15

Abnormal bleeding??

I am new to Gauteng and dont know any doctors or gynaes here so I thought Id ask here first. I am on the fifth month of my depo provera shot and have only had bad reactions. I am now weening myself off of it. I started spot bleeding almost immediately and still do. But now when I have sex, wether it be intercourse or just an orgasm I bleed too. It is fresh blood and then later becomes deeper in colour. Sometimes it even hurts to have sex. Im really worried about this. I can only get a gynaes appointment in two months and think I should see someone sooner. Help!? Please.

Bleeding after sex is worrying, though it may be related to the Depo. You could see a GP while waiting for the Gynae appointment, to check that there is nothing serious going on.

1