Posted by: bevies | 2009-05-26

abnormal bleeding

For the past couple of months my period has been weird. After I think it’ s all said and done I start bleeding again after about 3 or 4 days or sometimes just big blood clots come out. Is this a symptom of something sinister? I was on some medication a few months ago, Mezenol, that’ s round about the time it started, could I have reacted to it or maybe it damaged something. Please help because this is really freaking me out. Could it be cervical cancer?

Hallo Bevies
No the Mezenol would not be the cause of this. However this could be a sign of a hormonal disorder. It is not a sign of cervical cancer. You need to go for a gynecological evaluation, a sonar of the ovaries may be needed, as well as some blood tests. The doctor may want to put you on a hormonal contraceptive tablet for a few months to regulate your cycle.