Question
Posted by: Daleen | 2010/09/08

Ablasion

My gynae suggested that I go for an ablation. My husband has had a vasectomy some 4/5 years ago. I also suffer from endometriosis therefore the suggestion. I am now 38. My womb is also about 2x the size is should be apparently (I have 2 kids). I know I should make a decision but I am extremely scared of going for an ablation. But the endometriosis is once again starting to affect my love life. I have read up on the internet about ablations but it just confuses me more.

If you mean an endometrial ablation because of heavy periods, this will not help the endometriosis. If you mean a laparoscopic removal of the endometriosis, this is likely to relieve your symptoms.

1