Posted by: Worried | 2009-03-31

abestos related lung cancer

Hi, my grandfather was diagnosed with malignant lung cancer yesterday. His whole left lung is damaged and has allot of fluid on it, what would you say his life expectancy would be?

Not a question for a psychiatrist, W ! His doctors can and should be able to give a reasonable estimate ; as for me, I gave up my Christal Balls --- couldn't get the right batteries for them. If this is asbestos related, a legal opion may be wise. And get the Cancer Association involved, as they can provide valuable information and support for him and the family. He will probably feel better if they drain some of the fluid that has accumulated.

Posted by: Vara | 2009-03-31

Please visit this website: asbestostrustdotcodotza.
Thet might be able to assist you. Their head office is in Parktown

Reply to Vara
Posted by: Liza | 2009-03-31

Only a doctor who has intimate knowledge of his exact condition will be able to give any kind of life estimate. I don' t think that CS will be able to help here. Unless he has upgraded his crystal ball to the latest model  )

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Can' t say | 2009-03-31

Unfortunately no one can determine that, but that asbestotis is bad news. There have been law suites against various mining groups who operated in the Eastern Transvaal and in the Northern Cape where suffers and dependants have been awarded money. I don' t know if this is still on going but maybe you could Google it for more info. All the best for your Grandad.

Reply to Can&#39 t say