Question
Posted by: Rachel | 2010-10-03

Abdominal/Pelvic Pain

Yesterday morning i started getting sever pain on my lower right side and pain down my right leg and also towards my back.
It felt like a very sharp pain. It continued the whole day and night.
I actually thought it might be appendix pain but decided to stick it out and see how bad it got.
This morning it is almost gone copmpletely.
I have had this kind of pain quite a bit recently on both sides but never as bad as yesterday.
I do have quite heavy periods and clotting and menstrual pain but was told that its hormonal. I have never really done anything more about it.
Do you think this pain could be gynaecological? or could it be something unrelated. Any info is appreciated.

It could be gynaecological, such as a cyst, but could also be spastic colon or something urinary. You would need a full assessment to make a diagnosis.

2
Posted by: Rachel | 2010-10-05

Sorry. Forgot to mention i am not menstruating and am only due for my period in about a weeks time.

Reply to Rachel
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-10-05