Question
Posted by: Petro | 2012-08-17

Abdominal strain

I''ve been having lower abdominal pain for about a month. I had all the tests to rule out internal problems: x-ray, sonar, mri. My doctor says all it can be is an abdominal strain. He prescribed meds for inflammation and pain. What I need to know is how long this should take to heal. I know I have to take it easy, but not sure for how long, particularly given the fact that the injury was left untreated for a month while doctors thought I had gallbladder, colon or other problems.

Petro

In light of all the other possible causes that have been ruled out, it is most likely that you have an abdominal strain. This muscle injury can take up to six weeks to heal. I suggest that you consult a physiotherapist for laser therapy to speed up the healing process.