Question
Posted by: Desirè  | 2010/05/11

Abdominal pains.

Dear Doc.

Im 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby, from time to time (not everyday) I experience very painfull abnominal pains, the pain is around my lower abdominal and on or sometimes both of my sides. It was so bad on Saturday I could hardly walk,I then went to rest for a while, and it was much better.Is this normal for pregnancy? I get worried when its this painfull, how do you know when its not normal?
Thank you very much!

It sounds lie stretching of the ligaments but you should tell your doctor about it so he/she can check that there is nothing more serious.

3

Posted by: Desirè  | 2010/05/11

Thanks for your reply Purple! will be sure to do that.

Reply to Desir&#232 
Posted by: Purple | 2010/05/11

its probably your round ligaments stretching, however, it shouldn''t be so painful that you can barely walk. You should probably contact your doctor and see if you need to go in for a check.

Buy yourself the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  as it answers a lot of questions like this - though you''ll still have plenty more to post here. Its a very reassuring book.

Reply to Purple