Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/08/25

Abdominal pain (on my sides)

Hi doc

I' m 30 years old and have been off the Mirena for a year now. I' ve been tracking my cycles as me and my husband would like to conceive. I' m on day 16 of my cycle today and is suppose to ovulate, we had unprotected intercourse yesterday. Well since this morning I have been struggling with terrible pain on both my ovaries. It is a dull, constant pain that sometimes give sharp shots of pain and sometimes it is a cold feeling. All in all the whole area around my two ovaries feels tender and numb, I find it difficult to walk as well. I have never experienced this and its got me worried. Any ideas on what this can be? Ovulation can' t possible be painfull for almost a whole day on both sides? Or can it? I' m not possibly thinking that this can be " conception"  or something in that area - I already have a little girl and it was never like this with her, so I' m just wondering if I should go to my doctor or see if the pain persists. Thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards,
Me

Ovulation can cause severe pain but it should not last more than a day. If it persists, see your doctor.

1
Posted by: x | 2008/08/25

It could very well be ovulation. I had the same a couple of years back (in my younger days) my husband rushed me to the doctor at 20.00 that night because i couldn' t even get up straight. It was the most horrible and painful ovulation i ever had. He gave me an injection and sent me home. After that i had rather painful ovulation cycles but never as bad. Try having a nice warm bath and drink panado' s (i know it' s not strong but just for incase you have a chance to conceive) then put something warm on the areas that is sore and rest a bit. If the pain is still there in the morning go see your doctor because it might just be cysts. Hope it helps for you it did for me and sometimes the pain lasted till my period started. I am happy to say i am also 30 and fell pregnant eventually i am now 21 weeks. All the best

Reply to x