Posted by: Pedro Rodrigues | 2012-03-22

Abdominal pain and Nausea

Hi, my wife has been to numerous doctors and has been diagnoses over and again with bladder infection. Each time they put her on an antibiotic and the symptoms pass, but then when the course ends the symptoms return. She was admitted to hospital with a kidney infection which the doctors missed when diagnosing her wwith bladder infection, and the kidney infection spread to the intestines. The hospital treated the infections and discharger her and things looked well until the symptoms returned and then so did the diagnosis of bladder infection. Now the syptoms that always seem to return are Nausea and difficulty to urinate, and I appreciate that the difficulty to urinate is a strong indication of bladder infection, but the nausea I am not sure about. There are other symptoms that appear too, including fatigue, loss of appetite, mood swings, soreness of the body especially in the muscles and in the back and abdominal pains.
Would you please advice as to what you think is the best way to get to the bottom of this and how to discover the root cause so we may be able to tret it effectively.
Many thanks

I strongly suggest that your wife consults an urologist. The chronic infection explains all her symptoms. It is possible that she might have a structural cause for the recurring infections, which can be corrected with surgery.

Please keep me posted on the progress.