Posted by: Sharkey | 2012-02-09

Abdominal Pain

Dear Doc.

I ave been suffering with severe abdominal pains for several months now. I have seen a doc and they have done abdominal x ray and ultra sound. They found nothing wrong. But still I sit with the pain. It is as if I am having constant period pains in my lower back with stabbing pain that comes and goes around the kidney area. My stomach self is also sensative to pressure. When the doc dit the" pockes"  examination it was very tender and also when they did the ultra sound it was sore where my stomach is - at the top and also when he looked at the left kidney it was sore there. I akse him why it was so tender, he just shrugged his shoulders. My tummy also feels very bloated all the time even though I am regular. Is it nesseary to go for a double scope as a next step?

thank you

Abdominal pain can be very difficult to treat but it is a good idea to consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy.