Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2011/07/04

Abdominal pain

I had abdominal pain since last week Thursday. I went to the doctor and he prescribed two antibiotics for colitis in the colon. I almost finish the coarse, but I still have severe pain. I can''t eat anything, because it is to sore. I only eat yoghurt at the moment. The doctor now want to send me for a colonoscopy and a barium enema. Do you think this is really neccesarry? Or should I just wait until I finished the antibiotics.

Natasha

In light of your severe pain and inability to eat, I really do think that these special tests are necessary. Ask your doctor politely to also have a gastroscopy done.