Posted by: Liesel | 2011-04-07

Abdominal Pain

Dear Doc.
I am not sure if this is a stomach pain or Kidney pain or lower back pain to be honest. I get these pains at least twice a month. I cannot describe it really, it is like sharp period pains, or even labour pains, I sometimes can''t even walk properly when it hits me. Oh and it does goes with a running tummy. Also my tummy feels very bloated when this happens, in fact when I sleep it feels like a muscle pain, as if I did some extreme abs exercises. I know I need to get to a doc. But just some indication what it could be. I am a female, 37 years old.
Thanking You

There could be various reasons for your symptoms and unfortunately, without special investigations, it is not possible to put a finger on the cause. You will have to consult a doctor for an examination, blood tests and an ultrasound of the abdomen. In the interim, you can try Buscopan tablets when the symptoms appear but you really have to consult a doctor.

Posted by: P | 2011-04-07

Perhaps you have Irritable bowel syndrome

Reply to P