Question
Posted by: Carla | 2009/06/24

Abdominal pain

I am 19 weeks pregnant. Yesterday morning when I woke up, I had severe pain at my lower abdominal right hand side. Sometimes during the day it went away. I still feel it sometimes during today, especially when I walk, but it is much better than yesterday. I still feel the baby moves. There is no bleeding or spotting. What can this be?

It is possible that this was just pressure from the uterus on a sensitive part or stretching of the ligaments, but there are more serious things such as bladder infections or appendicitis which can cause pain, so it is best to have it checked out.