Posted by: newbie | 2009-02-03

abdominal pain

Please help!!!

Went into emergency room on Sun with terrible pains in my stomach which later moved to my lower abdoman. The doc on call narowed it down to abdominal colic as I had no runny tummy. I' m 8 weeks pregnant and am very concerned even though he has said it would pass. It' s now Tues and my abdoman is still very tender to touch and dull cramps persist.

Should I be concerned? A friend said it could be an ectopic pregnancy? Or even irritable bowel syndrome? Help? My gynae cannot see me till 17th, what should I do?

Dear Newbie
Have you spoken to the gyne - if not, ask to speak to him directly? If you have any signs of vaginal bleeding, swelling of the stomach, dizziness, nausea or persistent pain you should rather see your Gyne or GP for a follow up examination. These could be signs of an ectopic pregnancy.

Posted by: Bernie | 2009-03-30

what does it mean if you have vaginal pain during your 26th week of pregnancy.please reply urgently as this is quite concerning.

Reply to Bernie