Question
Posted by: Kaller | 2008/10/28

abdominal lpain

I am a wman of 55 yrs and overweight. For the past two weeks I had a terrible pain hig up in my abdomen. It is located between my navel and right breast, immediately below the breast. It is a vice-like type of pain. What organs are located there or what could it be?

Dear Kaller
It could be a gall stone in one of the gall bladder ducts, or gallbladder infection, or a referred pain from a stomach ulcer. Please rather see your doctor for an examination as you may need a sonar of the upper abdomen to identify the cause.