Question
Posted by: Aims | 2010/02/03

Abdominal Hernia

Doc
I' ve got a very bad abdominal hernia. It' s effecting my back! My back is paining constantly and is hollow-looking. What I want to know, will the medical-aid pay for the repair of such a hernia. Lots of people say medical aids don' t cover this and lots of people say medical aids do! What' s your opinion.
Oh, I' m on discovery health.

Aims

Hallo Aims
Discovery should cover this if your surgeon motivates for it. I think you should also be checked for a possible peptic ulcer. Please discuss with your GP as I think you should get a gastroscopy to see what is happening in your stomach.

2
Posted by: Aims | 2010/02/04

Hi doc

Thanks, will speak to my doctor.
I went to see a surgeon and he did a motivation on my behalf, now I just need to wait.

Thanks once again
Aims

Reply to Aims
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/03

Hallo Aims

Reply to cyberdoc