Question
Posted by: Jarryd | 2010/02/05

Abdominal Heaven

I want to be able to see my abs pretruding constantly and not only after a workout. My body fat percentage is around 9% but i want to bring itlower, how do I do this and what supplements can you recommend?

Hi Jarryd

9% is really low, and you won't change this using supplements. Only diet and a lot of training will drop body fat from 9% to say 6%. Elite athletes are around 5 to 8%, so you're in that range, and remember how much they are training - 20 hours a week, plus they eat very conservatively, and you start to see what you're up against.

Supplements are not the answer though - I know of only one supplement that has ever been tested and found to help lower body fat, and that only worked when people were obese, not when they were normal.

Truth is, it's only diet and hard training from this point on.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/02/11

Hi Jarryd

Reply to fitnessdoc