Question
Posted by: RACHEL V | 2011/06/01

ABDOMINAL FAT

Please, how to get rid of abdominal fat? I always had a flat tummy, in menopause and now so huge!

Dear Rachel
It is an unfortunate phenomenon that as human beings get older, they tend to accumulate abdominal fat. If you need to lose weight in general, then you can use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. Also do targeted exercises like situps to help your tummy muscles to tighten up every day (ask Fitness Doc for a set of exercises that tighten the tummy muscles). This can be a long process, so give it time.

2
Posted by: Caro | 2011/06/07

Dear Rachel
Also in my 40s and suddenly bloated abdomen, flatulence. I gave up wheat and viola, feel energised and almost normal. Ate wheat again and back to bloated tummy, lethargy. So now it''s been 10 weeks without wheat and I am walking and even running every alternate evening after work. If not wheat, perhaps dairy. One can sometimes suddenly deelop an intolerance to certain foods.

Reply to Caro

Dear Rachel