Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2010/03/11

Abdominal Cramps and Discomfort

i have been experiencing a problem over the past few months now with my digestion of food and passing of stools. i used to be able to wake up every morning and go to the toilet and not have to worry about needing to pass stools during the day.i dislike using the toilets at work and i notice that now when i eat lunch i feel i cant help myself but to go. i sometimes struggle to go to the toilet in the mornings, and i feel that i sometimes get cramps when i go shopping. sometimes i start my shopping and i feel i cant hold myself, so i either find a place to sit or just go home. its affected my routines of shopping coz im afraid of going and feeling these cramps and need to use the toilet urgently. i feel relieved of the cramps when i do go to the toilet. i have started to force myself to go to the toilet before i leave home so i dont have problems when im out. i also notice that sometimes i go in bits and its never complete. when i force myself, i end up hurting myself, cuts sometimes. but it goes away.
i eat a bowl of cornflakes every morning for breakfast as i''''ve been doing for years. i never used to have these problems until recently. i also have a problem where i frequently get heartburn, food doesnt digest easily. i tried soda water a few times and it relieves me.. also notice if i go to teh toilet, it doesnt make me feel as bloated and my food goes down abit.
how can i control my bowel movements and the frequency as i used to do before.
i have been under alot of stress lately. so could this be a contributing factor??

Hallo Heidi
Yes stress can lead to constipation. Try to eat all bran instead of corn flakes, as it contains more fibre. You can use a cup of warm water with lemon to stimulate bowel movement in the mornings, or use a gliserine suppository. I don't think you should try to avoid using the toilet during the day, if the need arises, you should go to the toilet. Use toilet covers or antiseptic spray/wipes on the seat if the work's toilets are not clean enough.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/11

Hallo Heidi

Reply to cyberdoc