Question
Posted by: LOUISE | 2009-03-04

ABDOMINAL + CHEST PAIN + GAS + BLOATING

Stated last Saturday with extreme spasm pains in upper abdomen and bloat. Used Buscopan and also stared using ProbiFlora. Tummy spasms seem to have cleared, however last night had terrible chest pain right accross chest above tummy area. I assume it is wind. Terribly windy top and bottom. Had lap nissan op approx 7 years ago as I used to suffer badly with heartburn. Could there be any connection to the op. Should I see my GP. Should I continue with the ProbiFlora. Thanks

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Louise
I would recommend that if you are still in pain today that you see your GP.
I see no reason to stop the ProbiFlora, other than because one of the only minor side-effects ascribed to probiotics in general, is some bloating or wind production. Your case seems more severe however