Question
Posted by: Daw | 2009-02-02

abdominal cancer please help

Hi There

I am scared, I think I have cancer in my stomache. I am 25 Years old my weight is 70 and I am 1,8m tall. I do not have a medical aid where can I go for some test that wont cost me a lot of money

I feel abdominal discomfort, extreme bloating and fullness and weight loss , I am tired all the time depressed, Dont want to work nothing,extreme stomach discomfort and paine, I feel bloated after eating ,mild nausea,loss of appetite, and my tummy really really burns,Black stools about once a week sometimes longer, I cant eat much , little in the morning and at night a little bit .

Please can you help me what should i do? where can i go to due to i am not coverd. I realy dont want to feel this way anymore

Dear Daw
You have the symptoms of a possible stomach ulcer. If you don't have a medical aid, go to your nearest provincial hospital's outpatient departement, the doctor will examine you and send you for a special test called a gastroscopy. (http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/examinations/gastroscopy.htm)
If you have an ulcer, you will get medicine to use for about 2-3 months to heal the ulcer. The black stools are a sign of bleeding inside the stomach, so don't wait any longer. A stomach ulcer is 100% treatable.