Question
Posted by: Pat | 2010/05/10

Abcesses

Hi.
I am having a problem in that I suffer now and again from sores that end up in abcess/boils in the pubic area. They start off as small little itchy like bites and get progressively worse, ending in very painful abcesses and lots of inflammation. They do eventually burst with lots of pus. I have googled the net and found that if could be Hiderentitis Supparativa and when I look at the images on the subject, a lot of them are exactly what I have. How can I stop these nasty sores from happening? Is it from shaving and what can I use when they do erupt?
I would appreciate your help.
Kind regards
Pat

Hallo Pat
Hidradenitis is infection in the sweat glands, but one can also get infection in the hair follicles - best would be to let your doctor have a look to see which of the two it is. Hidradenitis may need removal of the sweatglands, while folliculitis can be treated with topical antibiotics like Bactroban ointment
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Pat | 2010/05/12

Thankyou so much Dr Bets. I somehow think it is Folliculitis because it seems to flare up when I shave. But, I shall try Bactroban and see how that works and I have now got medicated soap as well. Thankyou for your help.
Kind regards
Pat

Reply to Pat
Posted by: Pat | 2010/05/12

Kind regards
Pat

Reply to Pat
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/11

Hallo Pat
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc