Posted by: lolo | 2011-08-26

how do i treat an abcess which has occured in my private parts, next to the mouth of my vagina, it is so sore and i cant even press it to drain the puss, it''s not yet ripe.
last year i had the same thing in the armpit and ultimately went for operation. what do i do with this one and what causes them really?

You should rather consult your doctor, as you might need a course of antibiotics. It is most likely caused by an infected hair follicle or a gland infection. In the interim you can apply Bactroban ointment and take Myprodol capsules, two, six hourly. With severe pain, you can apply a cold compress to numb the pain.

Consult your doctor as soon as possible to prevent worsening of the abscess.